Discuss Power for lighting in Standalone garage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
A friend has just moved to a first floor flat with a garage located roughly 20m away.

There are lights on plugs so guessing there must of ran an extension lead to it but I'm not entirely happy about that and burying a cable is complete no go.

Is there any other methods that I could get lighting in there? I was looking at a small solar panel? Has anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks

better with a leisure battery and 12V lighting. possible inverter for occasional use of 240V tools. recharge battery in house as and when required.

A friend has just moved to a first floor flat with a garage located roughly 20m away.

There are lights on plugs so guessing there must of ran an extension lead to it but I'm not entirely happy about that and burying a cable is complete no go.

Is there any other methods that I could get lighting in there? I was looking at a small solar panel? Has anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks
2om, blimey that's a long run, oh 20 Meters sorry

will brexit get us away from these stupid french measurements, sadly no.

no more hassle than back in the 70's when these stupid millipedes came in. 45 years on, i still can't relate them to physical sizes. have to convert in head, 300 squiggles = 1 foot. etc.

158,400. a squiggle being 1.0000000000 mm ( to 10 decimalplaces).

the whole metric thing was invented by the froggies during the frog revolution, round about 1793 ish. after they's chopped the heads off anyone with a brain, they realised that with 10 fingers ( including thumbs) nobody could count past 10. herien enterd the metric system. also when using centimeters, it made their dicks appear bigger.

the whole metric thing was invented by the froggies during the frog revolution, round about 1793 ish. after they's chopped the heads off anyone with a brain, they realised that with 10 fingers ( including thumbs) nobody could count past 10. herien enterd the metric system. also when using centimeters, it made their dicks appear bigger.
Sailing close to the wind Tel?

what other way is there to sail when there's pirates off the starboard bow.

Poor OP - must think he's landing in La La land or the set of the Muppets with the two old gits!

Reply to Power for lighting in Standalone garage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock