Discuss Power to shed. Thoughts? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Looked at that and the cupboards at the top are full length and go right to the ceiling, look custom made so no sneaky void hiding up top by the looks of things sadly!
Well there is some sort of extra wood fastened to the face of those cabinets

I with @Leesparkykent, fish it under the plinths and through the wall. Solid board cutter route will be just as good, there are blanks specifically designed for the cut out. Export the TNCS as its a perfectly expectable method, just make sure if its PME that there isnt any extraneous bonding in the new shed. Make sure there not going to ask for Infrared heaters as your 4mm will struggle.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Tomspark mentions - if the 'bar' will only be a small load and it is a pain to route the SWA, then run from a FCU in the house spurred off skt ring. There is a IET Wiring Matters regards this very arrangement - see attached.

Otherwise, unless there specific bonding requirements in the shed i.e. copper water pipe, Jacuzzi; then run a 3C SWA (suggest > 2.5mm^2) - no need for a dedicated rod. (Subject to how far away 'bar' is from house ideally less than 10mtr)

Attachments

• 2005_16_autumn_wiring_matters_electrical_installations_outdoors.pdf
    240.3 KB · Views: 35
As Tomspark mentions - if the 'bar' will only be a small load and it is a pain to route the SWA, then run from a FCU in the house spurred off skt ring. There is a IET Wiring Matters regards this very arrangement - see attached.

Otherwise, unless there specific bonding requirements in the shed i.e. copper water pipe, Jacuzzi; then run a 3C SWA (suggest > 2.5mm^2) - no need for a dedicated rod. (Subject to how far away 'bar' is from house ideally less than 10mtr)

Excellent reading! Thank you for providing it, and your advice.

IMO better than spurring from downstairs ring (where applicable). Most home owners want more than just one socket outside eventually so why just give them one when you can have a dedicated radial on its own RCBO. Easier than punching holes in walls through utility rooms too.

IMO better than spurring from downstairs ring (where applicable). Most home owners want more than just one socket outside eventually so why just give them one when you can have a dedicated radial on its own RCBO. Easier than punching holes in walls through utility rooms too.

At least if you spur from the ring you don't leave the installation without a single main switch!
But in all seriousness I don't particularly condone installing a shed supply from a ring either.

Your solution doesn't show any consideration for discrimination. And this thread isn't about installing a single outdoor socket, it's about a submain to a shed.

Just because something is easier it doesn't mean it is the best installation design.

Reply to Power to shed. Thoughts? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net