Discuss pre victorian wooden building in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

DPhilpott

Hey guys, im starting a project where the building structures are as described above but at some point (possibly original) rendered on both sides. This is new to me and I would be really grateful of any info you may have for me. It is a high street and the owners would like brackets fixedto the outside walls of these properties

well you have lathe and plaster, straw and plaster and then wattle and daub
There are many ways building were built over the years

I honestly do not understand your original post, are you asking can you fix to them ? etc

We need a bit more info about the brackets size, weight, what they are supporting???????

Also a bit more info regarding the structure to be fixed to??????????

Find out where the wooden beams are and fix to them, I spent hours trying to fit lights to a rendered wooden frame house, there is no strength in the wall except at the wood.

Hey guys, im starting a project where the building structures are as described above but at some point (possibly original) rendered on both sides. This is new to me and I would be really grateful of any info you may have for me. It is a high street and the owners would like brackets fixedto the outside walls of these properties

Read your post back to yourself & imagine you are reading it for the first time.

Now explain where the question is hidden!

Sorry about that guys :) I think when I wrote original post I was probably looking for inspiration or a place to start :) They want tree brackets and chrsitmas trees fixed to the surface, it is an odd structure. The internal walls seem to be block of some sort, maybe brick and outside is timber and render. Ive got to work out whether I fix to the studs or go deep i to the block. Then I may need some kind of coated fixing so not to get moisture below the surface. Am I complicating this? Am I missing something really obvious? Thanks

until you try a fixing or two you will never know !
resin fixings i have only ever used in cellars below the water table or have been tanked etc
Only you know the weight and the way the things you want to fix pull at the fixings

(If this building is on a road or high st etc where public have access then please be sure and make sure you have your insurance updated)

Reply to pre victorian wooden building in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock