Discuss Pressure washer fuse blowing in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Oscar93

I was using my pressure washer with the extension lead still rolled up on the reel. It obviously got hot and blew the fuse in the extension lead. Which I have changed and is now working fine.
But now the jet washer won't work and I have changed the fuse several times, it buzzes on for a second and then blows the fuse straight away.
Any ideas what I need to do?

Thanks, Oscar

as above. think the extension lead is goosed. a lesson learnt the hard way. bin it.

The extension lead is working fine, now I've changed the fuse. It's the jet washer that is playing up. Yeh, I've plugged it straight into a different socket. For some reason it buzzes on for a second and then the fuse seems the blow. And it dies. It's happened to 3 new fuses now.

Yes it would. Trying repeatedly to start the motor will burn it out.
If it is an expensive one it may be worth getting it looked at .
If not it will probably be just as cheap to replace it.

If it is one of the cheaper pressure washers then they have a designed lifespan of around 50 hours, the pump has plastic pistons rather than metal and these fail seizing the pump

Pressure relief valve may have stuck so trying to start under pressure (thanks Tel). if it doesn't start with the trigger open, to release that pressure and put no load on motor, then as all others say - it's knackered.

Reply to Pressure washer fuse blowing in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a small power washer with a two-wire cord and GFCI plug. My outdoor and garage receptacles are on a "house GFCI" circuit, wired in series...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been browsing these forums for a while, always great to learn a new way to skin the same cat. Anyway, cut a long story short, was an...
Replies
Views
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Talented amateur here, stage electrician at school 1971 - 74 and have done much DIY electrical work iover the years, including central...
Replies
Views
I'm delighted to announce that some time in the next few days / weeks, BBC Breakfast will be airing a short piece about MEET (The Museum of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock