Discuss price in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

fraz

-
Reaction score
Been asked to price to replace 150 fluorescent tubes in a workshop. High up lights but I will provide a cherrypicker. Was thinking about a day for cost's etc but really cant make my mind up. Its a big guess

So is that 75 fittings? Allow 10 minutes for retubing each and that is without maneuvering the cherry picker that is over 12 hours.

So is that 75 fittings? Allow 10 minutes for retubing each and that is without maneuvering the cherry picker that is over 12 hours.
10mins a tube?????

I just done a full 50+ tubes, repaired 2 fittings and had change out of 2hrs, it would depend on the layout etc and any obsticals.

The OP book lift for 1day, explain to customer it will all be done within the day unless you find any problems like faulty fittings thus may lengthen the job, tell the hire company you may ring in for an extra day hire but as most book out on a weekly basis I don't think it will matter, ask customer if they want the full week hire to use the lift themselves otherwise you'll ring it through to unhire it when your done.

Reply to price in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all! Posted on here a couple of years ago and got great advice. Have been self employed a couple of years now and always find pricing work the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. This will be a straightforward answer for anyone who works with aluminium tubing on a regular basis. I don't I'm afraid hence my asking...
Replies
Views
I've asked a similar question before I think and we came to the conclusion that apart from new houses and HMO's etc there aren't any rules about...
Replies
Views
Bit of a rant first to explain the situation:- Effing builders again, I knew there was a reason we hardly ever work for them. We've done a few...
Replies
Views
Hello fellow sparks, I’ve decided to go out on my own. Recently bought a little van and trying to get myself set up whilst keeping my costs as...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock