Discuss Pricing for labour only tips in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

smity

-
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been given some flats to price for labour only and have quite a lot of experience in working on flats on price but never actually had to price them my self.

Have you guys got any tips on pricing it? Don't want to come under and screw my self up. Do you work out your time etc then add a percentage on for unforeseen things?

Thanks

Yes someone else is supplying materials we are to quote for labour only, I couldn't say for sure if the materials will be there when needed so was thinking of agreeing some day Rate if we are waiting on them.

I would price for around an hour and half a point but make clear that any hold ups due to material being wrong or not onsite then you will charge £xx an hour. I don't understand the customer buying the material mentality......For one you will probably get the material cheaper than what they ever could secondly they've waved goodbye to any guarantee you would provide if you had supplied the material and thirdly sundries that you would probably have in the van and would just chuck in if it wasn't that many they have to go and buy.....False economy IMO. Also I would say you would like some input when it comes to choosing material as you don't want to be installing cheap tat that doesn't go together very well costing you more time.

Sorry I forgot to say this is sub contract to a company I.e they have won the full build and are subcontracting a proportion to us but labour only, i have worked on this basis many times before but usually given a price per flat but this time they want us to price for flats, communal areas, sub boards etc.

Hi,are they supplying spec,design and drawings? It does sound like a method,liable to end in tears.

Don't let them use your quote as a "fishing" exercise.

You could give them an hourly/daily labour rate,and let their spec/suppliers,set the duration.
If you give a rate and times,any problems or hold ups,maybe out of your control,will cause them to default back to your original estimate.

I have seen this method of subbie bashing,not that i am implying this company is such,but you can very easily end up naked,chained to a bed...with no "safe" word ;)

Reply to Pricing for labour only tips in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock