Discuss Pricing for new build bungalows (advice please) in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi all i am new to this forum.

I am after some pricing advice please. I have just gone self employed, I am subcontracting mostly but I have been asked to price some new build bungalows. I have not done any pricing on this scale only small jobs.

Would I be best pricing per point if so what do you recommend I charge the work is in Derby but I live in Leeds, or would I be best pricing it on how long I think It would take per house plus materials.

Thanks in advance

I'm assuming you will have a,mate to help you pull in cables and label up first fix.
The key thing is getting your timings right with the other trades. Get there too early and you could be waiting for chippies to do joist n stud walls, get there too late and you will be doing unnecessary chasing etc.
Are all materials provided or are you spec'ing and providing materials.
Also factor in time on road.
How big is the bungalow. Is it solid floor ( so everything will be drops from ceiling).
Lots of factors.
As an average I find materials about a £k, and time to do work ( uninterrupted) 3/4 days, then add on travel and buggeration factors.

ye I have a mate who I am going to be doing them with who is a spark. There is 3 different sizes so all require a different price that's why I think it would be easier if I did it per point. What would you recommend to charge per point? I was thinking £50.

The ones I've seen have about 3 layers of insulation so that's well above 100mm for 2.5mm twin clipped to the joists.
Just wondering if people now install 4mm and if they price for it do they get priced out because other contactors price for 2.5mm?

As an average I find materials about a £k

That's a very big sweeping statement....

Has the OP actually got a firm spec to work on?

I'm on a high standard (very big) kitchen --- diner / boot room / utility / wet room / big CU change (RCBO's) - my "rough" price is £6k all in

Reply to Pricing for new build bungalows (advice please) in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net