Discuss private weekend work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

RJP1

-
Reaction score
hi just looking for any advice really, im fully qualified and starting to find myself getting extremely bored at weekends. anyway i was wondering how people go about getting private jobs etc?

thanks

Local Wholesaler and leave your business card, if they will let you. bit worrying though if the firm you work for uses that particular Wholesaler, could be embarrassing.

If you do jobs at the weekend even for friends you need to be insured (even mates get ----ed off when you hit a water pipe!), notify where appropriate and be doing some kind of tax return , there is a difference between doing the odd job for a mate cash in hand and working for other people and evade paying tax, if you get properly investigated by HMRC you will wish that you paid tax on every job. The first problem customer will tell HMRC about you, just cut out the middle man, you shouldn't pay that much tax in any case.

Oh and how to get work, get some leaflets printed and post locally, no job too small etc etc. Start with the small jobs and then wait, after about five weeks you don't want to work at the weekend anymore, oh and when things go wrong, the customer will definitely not want to wait until next weekend for you to sort it out, been there....!:)

O/P: You say in your question that your Fully Qualified, Yet you say on your profile that your an Apprentice. Just wondering which one is true ?.

O/P: You say in your question that your Fully Qualified, Yet you say on your profile that your an Apprentice. Just wondering which one is true ?.
Could be the OP, like a great deal of members either don't bother putting any info or don't update their profile

Reply to private weekend work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net