Discuss Problem Aurora Inverter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Elysium

We installed a PV system three years ago all as been well but the customer has reported a fault code Int.Error EO31 how do I stand if the inverter is faulty ?( I think there is a 5 year guarantee ) we are still waiting for Aurora to get in touch.

Thanks for that we have sent all the information to ABB. Do we have to guarantee our work or is it for the customer to pay our labour if the inverter needs replacing ? Seems like a stupid question but we have been out of the PV market for a few years so not sure of the procedure.

I believe that ABB have a standard single payment that they will make to you to swap out the inverter, not exactly sure how you go about claiming it but I suggest you bring it up with them when you get their response on the RMA. I think it's about £100.

Exactly as above. I replaced 2 last year that failed with E031 Fault. You can't repair on site with that fault so they will send you replacement. You get £100 per inverter from ABB. Not bad if it is local to you. Details below:
ABB UK
Chandlers Yard
24 Upper High Street
Worthing, BN11 1DL
Phone: +44 1903 823323
e-Mail: [email protected]

Last edited:
I am grateful for all the advice you guys have given me it has been a worry for me, thanks again for the help, happy to know there are good people like you out there.

The replacement inverter will be shipped by TNT from Italy so may take a few weeks to arrive. There is a process to follow to recompense the customer for lost generation whilst waiting for the replacement. Sibert is correct about the £100 payment.

Last edited:
Received my replacement inverter today. It took seven weeks to the day to arrive from Italy and is now badged ABB.

The guarantee is for ten years and six months from date of manufacture. I am hoping for compensation for the outage.

Will post again when I actually get some.

Received my replacement inverter today. It took seven weeks to the day to arrive from Italy and is now badged ABB.

The guarantee is for ten years and six months from date of manufacture. I am hoping for compensation for the outage.

Will post again when I actually get some.[/QUOTE

Received compensation for downtime today.Took just four weeks. Overall fairly pleased with Power One ABB customer service.

Will post again when I actually get some.[/QUOTE

Received compensation for downtime today.Took just four weeks. Overall fairly pleased with Power One ABB customer service.

Good day, I had exactly the same problem with my inverter. Can you tell me how to get compensation for the "downtime" ?
Best regards, Dave Coe.

It is best to contact ABB service team directly on 0800 0232341 or 01903 823323 to report the fault directly. They will need the SN number and WK code from the label on the right hand side of the unit. Once they have this they will set up a case for the replacement and this will be organized via their own service partner network.

You can also email them on [email protected]

Reply to Problem Aurora Inverter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net