Discuss Problem with a timer fan on light circuit in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If the voltage actually exists, as well as checking the switch, the remainder of the circuit (i.e. in other rooms) needs to be verified that its wired correctly. I had to fix a fault, where live had been connected into neutral and neutral vice versa.

methinks all threads regarding timer fans should themselves be on a timer, and self-destruct after 2 days.

If the voltage actually exists, as well as checking the switch, the remainder of the circuit (i.e. in other rooms) needs to be verified that its wired correctly. I had to fix a fault, where live had been connected into neutral and neutral vice versa.

I can't see how a problem elsewhere on the circuit is going to cause this, based on the information we have, the problem exists on the S/L therefore must be limited to the switch and the wiring after it.

It's worth a try, fault I mentioned stopped light working in one room turning on with another switched on and then caused the former to glow when off, when latter was switched.

Anyhows, like Tel said, just woken from nap, time to try some Bombay Sapphire, her indoors has just bought back from the shops for me

bombay sapphire? sounds like an eastern belly dancer..

Am thinking, there's a problem with the heated mirror.
Try disconnecting it, see what happens.
I can't see how a problem elsewhere on the circuit is going to cause this, based on the information we have, the problem exists on the S/L therefore must be limited to the switch and the wiring after it.
Well this morning I turned up with my meters and did an insulation test on the upstairs lighting circuit L N -E was 1.2Mohm which is just scraping through. Volts must be inducing through the cables insulation. Took the timer fan back and fitted a pullcord model and an Rcbo. Advised the customer its a rewire. Thanks guys for the input.

Well this morning I turned up with my meters and did an insulation test on the upstairs lighting circuit L N -E was 1.2Mohm which is just scraping through. Volts must be inducing through the cables insulation. Took the timer fan back and fitted a pullcord model and an Rcbo. Advised the customer its a rewire. Thanks guys for the input.

Err pull cord model and rcbo? Really

Reply to Problem with a timer fan on light circuit in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net