Discuss Problem with LED GU10 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

silentboarder69

Hi,
I've installed two LED GU10 lamps in a customers bathroom. They're on the same circuit as two fluorescent energy saving lamps already installed in the bathroom. So far, three LED lamps have blow (I replaced the first one, and now two have blown).
Could the motors in the fluorescent lamps be causing an over current and blowing the LEDs? Or is it a bad batch of LED lamps? I got the LEDs from TLC, and so am pretty confident they are good quality.

Many thanks,

Rick

may well be the cfl's are causing the problem. replave them with retrofit LEDs. also make sure there are no wiring faults.

Hi,
I've installed two LED GU10 lamps in a customers bathroom. They're on the same circuit as two fluorescent energy saving lamps already installed in the bathroom. So far, three LED lamps have blow (I replaced the first one, and now two have blown).
Could the motors in the fluorescent lamps be causing an over current and blowing the LEDs? Or is it a bad batch of LED lamps? I got the LEDs from TLC, and so am pretty confident they are good quality.

Many thanks,

Rick

Do they rotate, or do something fancy?

Reply to Problem with LED GU10 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’m looking for some help as I have what seems to be an electrical issue. It seems to relate to my computer PC, the fridge freezer in my...
Replies
Views
We have two units (with separate meters and panels) in a residence that underwent a major renovation about two years ago. During the renovation...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Talented amateur here, stage electrician at school 1971 - 74 and have done much DIY electrical work iover the years, including central...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock