Discuss Problem with R7s not illuminating in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
DIY here. I have a problem with an R7s that is not lighting. The filament looks good and passes a continuity check. There are 230v at the terminals. What am I missing please?

The common problem if voltage is 100% there and lamp is 100% good, is not aligning the sprung contacts properly.

Thanks for the quick reply Andy. I have tried removing the bulb and reinserting with no joy. I even twisted it around a little. I have also ensured all the contacts are clean. I'll have another go at it.

Love your avatar by the way.

Sometimes the lampholder contacts don't make proper contact with the lamp, e.g. ceramic on the end of the lamp gets in the way. You might want to consider changing the fitting to LED.

Sometimes the lampholder contacts don't make proper contact with the lamp, e.g. ceramic on the end of the lamp gets in the way. You might want to consider changing the fitting to LED.

I am moving over from halogen to led as bulbs go. Maybe this one will get swapped out before its time.

Reply to Problem with R7s not illuminating in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am trying to replace my halogen wall uplights (230W, 240V, R7S, 114mm) with LED but so far no luck. I've tried both of the below LEDs...
Replies
Views
Cheers everyone. I'm here trying to install a pair of outdoor R7s floodlights and reading the manual (who does that? I do.) it mentions multiple...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I hope it's ok to post here but I have a job lot of lighting from a job and I'd like to sell them. They are all still boxed and have...
Replies
Views
Hi all, H.N.Y. The passive, affixed to a recently bought LED security light is rubbish, sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't, no matter how...
Replies
Views
What is the best system for illuminating a bathroom mirror? I installed one such mirror recently. I will have to replace it, not only because the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock