1. We've split off Commercial Electrician Talk and Industrial Electrician Talk from the main Electrical Forum. Please take note when you're looking for and posting new threads. :) 

Checkout the new Electricians Directory which you can add your business details to for free.

We've also teamed up with an insurance firm to offer you guys some discounted insurance. These guys will customise your insurance to fit your needs perfectly. Enquire using the following pages: VAN - FLEET - PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY - OTHER TYPES OF INSURANCE.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Checkout the new British Forums, register for free and enter the competition to win a £25 Amazon Voucher!

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Public liability insurance? in the Insurance for Electricians area at ElectriciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. NickD

NickD Regular EF Member

Why can you get Public Liability insurance but not Bloody Liability insurance?

2. Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. infinity

infinity Electrician's Arms

Has anyone got any decent recommendations for liability insurance?
    Just had the NICEIC insurance renewal through (Ageas) and is £2600! 3 x more than last year God knows how they operate

4. uksparks

uksparks Electrician's Arms

Jeeees that's a rip off, I'm with them and only pay 300 or something like that

5. infinity

It includes £10M employers which bumps it up

6. Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  7. Deservices

Deservices Electrician's Arms

Mine is 10mill employers and its £225 with hiscox.

8. uksparks

Mine has employers liability too but not sure how much but I would imagine quite a few mlion.

9. JD6400

JD6400 Trusted Advisor

Both myself and my other director had a second meeting with our insurance provider last Wednesday to iron out what cover we should have and we are up to around £8000 at the moment and we are still waiting for the price for the the digger work and moleing side of things , plus our PI insurance !

We always worried about not having the correct level of insurance when it was around £2500 a year , but I think that I am going to worry more now that we have

Edit ; We are not even anywhere near to being a larger outfit ! But I suppose it is the scope of work that we cover makes us ripe for the picking ?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  10. infinity

£225? That seems way too cheap what else does it cover?
    Public liability and indemnity is required which pushes it up, the use of subcontractors also required and turnover could make a difference if yours is quite low? I had a few quotes last year and best was about £800

11. uksparks

I'll dig the paperwork out when I unpack tomorrow and let you know.

12. infinity

13. Deservices

Deservices Electrician's Arms

yes its got personal indemnity. It is the one that napit use for theres, it was originally napit insurance under written by hiscox, but now its just though hiscox. i got it when i signed up with napit 6 years ago and have never been with anyone else.

14. infinity

Have just re joined Napit (hiscox) under half the price! Unbelievable

1 person likes this.
  15. urbanmonkey

urbanmonkey Electrician's Arms

Just had my renewal, me and 1 p/t staff, £2million liability and 50k professional indemnity....£114 with Zurich, exclusions are no TV ariel work and no work on aircraft/runways/aprons nuclear power etc etc

16. netblindpaul

netblindpaul Trusted Advisor

£2k6 is not unreasonable, depending on what works you do.
    That is the crux of it.

17. Advertisement

to hide this advert.