1. We've split off Commercial Electrician Talk and Industrial Electrician Talk from the main Electrical Forum. Please take note when you're looking for and posting new threads. :) 

Checkout the new Electricians Directory which you can add your business details to for free.

We've also teamed up with an insurance firm to offer you guys some discounted insurance. These guys will customise your insurance to fit your needs perfectly. Enquire using the following pages: VAN - FLEET - PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY - OTHER TYPES OF INSURANCE.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Checkout the new British Forums, register for free and enter the competition to win a £25 Amazon Voucher!

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Public liability insurance? in the Insurance for Electricians area at ElectriciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. alexknight0602

alexknight0602 Regular EF Member

Do you mean they employ me official? EG they pay my tax, but not necessarily my NI?

2. Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Guitarist

Guitarist Trusted Advisor

If you are working for yourself, and they are technically your clients, then your insurance covers it. If you are employed by them with a contract of employment, then you will be covered by theirs.

4. alexknight0602

alexknight0602 Regular EF Member

What about employed per job without a contract? Or would it not be wise to be asked to work like that?

5. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    So long as you know you will get paid, you are OK. In this case you would be working as self employed and doing a job for a customer, your insurance woudl apply.

6. Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  7. Gavsparky

Gavsparky Active EF Member

Hi all, as a self-employed electrician whose entire work is sub-contracted through an electrical limited company (no private work) how much public liability insurance would I need and how much am I looking to pay? Cheers in advance for any advice

8. JD6400

JD6400 Trusted Advisor

It depends on what they do . If local authority work , I would say 5M like the company you sub for will be !?

9. Gavsparky

It's mainly shop fitting works

10. JD6400

JD6400 Trusted Advisor

I would ask your main contractor what theirs is and probably match that if you can afford to ?

11. Gavsparky

Ok cheers, any ideas on prices for an annual policy?

12. JD6400

JD6400 Trusted Advisor

To be honest I am not the one to ask as we pay ££££'s for ours , but it is all bundled up with the solar , moleing , cherry picker and digger work that we cover as well .

13. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    Less than £100 for single person Public liability insurance to £2m.

1 person likes this.
  14. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

It will depend on the amount of cover you ask for!

15. NickD

NickD Regular EF Member

Got mine for around £55 for £2m cover.

16. Robert Turnbull

Robert Turnbull Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Chelmsford City Electrical & Data Services Ltd
    £110 for 5 million, I went bigger as if I'm gona do damage I do it properly! Lol

1 person likes this.
  17. Advertisement

to hide this advert.