Discuss push fit connector downlights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Leesparkykent

Esteemed
Reaction score
Does anyone know what brands make downlights wit push fit connections? looking for speed when it comes to fitting them 2 x 1.0mm cables. Fire rated down lights not integrated fittings. Cheers :thumbsup:

I don't know of a GU10 option that does a push fit. However if you are making off 2 twin cables then I can recommend iCage by Ansell. They do a standard and low rise version. The terminals are huge and the cover is also the cable grip, very speedy to connect.

Would you be interested in an integrated fitting at not much more of the cost of a decent GU10 and LED lamp that utilises push fit connectors ?

I don't know of a GU10 option that does a push fit. However if you are making off 2 twin cables then I can recommend iCage by Ansell. They do a standard and low rise version. The terminals are huge and the cover is also the cable grip, very speedy to connect.

Would you be interested in an integrated fitting at not much more of the cost of a decent GU10 and LED lamp that utilises push fit connectors ?
Cheers mate. yeah go on?

Does anyone know what brands make downlights wit push fit connections? looking for speed when it comes to fitting them 2 x 1.0mm cables. Fire rated down lights not integrated fittings. Cheers :thumbsup:
I don't know if they are any good nor if they take two cables but a brand called Axis do GU10 fire rated downlights with push fit connectors, also the Saxby Shield range uses push fit connectors, again not used them so can't comment on their quality.

if it's a decent price on the job, i prewire the GU10s with a 12" flex tail (at home the night before) then connect to the T/E with line product eggs and wagos when back on site.

Think they're all heading that way, the E8 by Aurora, the JCC and the KSR all now do and I use all 3. Found them more fiddly than the old screw terminals to start with, not sure they're really quicker but then if you were doing loads they probably would be once you got in the swing.

I fitted some this week that were really good and very fast to install, I would highly recommend them. Not sure what make they were ( think JCC ) as my apprentice un boxed and fitted the led lamps beforehand. But I'll check with my supplier tomorrow.

I fitted some this week that were really good and very fast to install, I would highly recommend them. Not sure what make they were ( think JCC ) as my apprentice un boxed and fitted the led lamps beforehand. But I'll check with my supplier tomorrow.
I've spoken to my supplier this morning and it turns out the GU10's Ive fitted this week are "Saxby" Shows how much attention I paid to the product make lol.
Downlight - http://www.saxbylighting.com/products/interior/downlight
I found them to be a really good product, at a reasonable cost and very simply to install

I prefer the sealed ones. I think the customer likes the fact that there is no lamps to change. I know if it goes wrong i have to change it but i havent had any problems yet (except for one in my own house) :triumph: I also havent experienced any less light output. I suppose its peoples personal preference. It would be a bit boring if everyone liked the same things. :)

Reply to push fit connector downlights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net