Discuss PV Hot Water Controller in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Don't know how the **'s got in there!! had to re-read it myself to see that it should have said hot water .

@Mr.Shing-A-Ling - yes that's possible

Welcome on board! Jodi and Lee are great to deal with, good customer service.

@TonyGreen

4Eco / Immersun will only sell direct to Installers.
As an end user consumer, if you buy the unit only you will pay 20% VAT. If you have it supplied and installed, VAT will be at 5% as it is classed as a Hot Water Controller under the reduced VAT guidelines.
To find out your local installer, go to Where to Buy :: immerSUN :: Use 100% generated free electricity :: A 4eco Product
If you are in installer, then the Distributors listed here , will supply at the same trade price as 4ECO, and extend credir and other payment options to installers:
Distribuors: Where to Buy :: immerSUN :: Use 100% generated free electricity :: A 4eco Product

You should invest your money in a solar hot water system, in the form of tubes or flat plate. By the time you have spent approx £500 on PV heat dump, you could have saved £500 on a £3000 solar thermal set up!
The immersion heat dump is messing around with a piddley amount of energy during only peak times of day. Solar thermal is much more efficient for heating stored water, hands down!
With the PV, just use it as a cash cow like everyone else does, some electric is a nice bonus during production hours.
Blueflash

You should invest your money in a solar hot water system, in the form of tubes or flat plate. By the time you have spent approx £500 on PV heat dump, you could have saved £500 on a £3000 solar thermal set up!
The immersion heat dump is messing around with a piddley amount of energy during only peak times of day. Solar thermal is much more efficient for heating stored water, hands down!
With the PV, just use it as a cash cow like everyone else does, some electric is a nice bonus during production hours.
Blueflash

the problem with Solar Thermal, is that like most PV my roof is now covered, so with immersun I should be able to use the spare electricity.

By the way they now have a price on.

immerSun

@TonyGreen that is a trade only price to Installers, Immersun / 4Eco Ltd to help the industry will only sell through distributors and Installers :) Have Spoken with the 'Green Electrician' and they also say that is the trade only price. They will supply to a consumer through their local sparks, - suggest that they should be VAT Regsitered, as supply is at 20% and under VAT Rules 708/6 para 2.6 these can be Supplied and Installed at 5% VAT

I really do wish these trade only online websites wouldn't broadcast their prices to all and sundry :banghead:

Surely can't be that hard to require a trade log-in to view prices now can it?

@TonyGreen prices for installers had been 'outed' in the Sun Lounge a while ago, so wthose that needed to know could easily have found out. So long as you are a registered sparks and not a supplier, you can register to come in to the lounge - same rules as the Electiricans Arms.

Used the "Sola Controla" from sg woolridge been in for about 3-4 years works perfectly. I have checked to make sure it doesn't use imported power and I have never managed to catch it doing it. So 10/10 for me.

I think you'll find Wooldridge don't do it anymore, bumped into them the other day and he was installing one of the better brands.

Reply to PV Hot Water Controller in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net