QS

Discuss QS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It makes a mockery of good standards and safety for people and livestock as the BS7671 dictates. I agree that something needs to be done on the large scale.
I have had this rant over the time I've been training.
It doesn't take a genius to know that 1 QS can't oversee a whole army of sparks of different experience and make them March to to beat of one drum. I think there should be limits to the number of QS to non registered sparks and mates such as 1 to 4 or 1 to 6 easy enough to police by paperwork and registration number - perhaps some will be paid what they are worth then.

In your other post Pete, 'Who was that Man?', there's a question asked about quantity of QS's to staff, by the select committee. It was a good question, that the witnesses to the committee squirmed over somewhat (second half of the video).

It would appear, as far as the schemes are concerned there's no maximum, just assessed by the assessor. That was in 2014, not sure if its changed since.

This all goes back to Pete999 other post Who was that man? and the video of house of Commons committee to administrate the part P as the LCBC would not be able to cope, the competent schemes are there for this and in part the administrative works well The problem is the individual doing the work an opportunity was missed years ago with the CSCS card to have something like Gas Safe if you go on their website I think it has photo of them as on card and what they are qualified to do .Note that part P does not cover everything electrical

I was listening to a debate regarding Part P and a point came up regarding Quality Supervisors, one chap mentioned that many of the larger Contracting firms, say 30 operatives would operate with only 1 QS.

May be quality but are they qualified ?

Tesco have them walking up and down the aisles.

It took 10 months to get my ECS card - I don't want to talk about it!
All the best with that Ant!

Reply to QS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net