Discuss Qualifications in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Re: inspection and testing

I think he means that there is no ''Part P'' qualification. C&G 2393 is for the building regulations as a whole, and of absolutely no use to an electrician whatsoever!!

You will attend a 40 Minute open book exam using the Electricians Guide to the Building Regs. It is an online multiple choice exam taken using the City & Guilds system.

I think he means that there is no ''Part P'' qualification. C&G 2393 is for the building regulations as a whole, and of absolutely no use to an electrician whatsoever!!
Typical industrial electrician response lol. When you are installing electrical installations in dwellings you should be aware of how your work is affecting the compliance with current building regulations. This is not covered in BS7671. The amount of new build with holes drilled in joists outside 0.25-0.4 the span is just the tip of the iceberg.

Typical industrial electrician response lol. When you are installing electrical installations in dwellings you should be aware of how your work is affecting the compliance with current building regulations. This is not covered in BS7671. The amount of new build with holes drilled in joists outside 0.25-0.4 the span is just the tip of the iceberg.

I bet yourve done the course, had your pants pulled down lol

Funny how nobody bats an eyelid when a herd of plumbers hack bloody great chunks out joists

No I have not actually :), as I am not required to hold the qual. I do however keep myself upto date with building regulations.

Then you know full well there is NO Requirement for an electrician to hold this non electrical qualification. All you need to do is read the bloody thing as and when required.

More fool the site agent/clerk of works, if he is allowing non compliance work being carried out, be it the electricians or plumbers...

Only last week , I came across a situation where I had to check up on building regs .

On a job at the moment rewiring a house , someone has installed a 6inch extractor fan in a kitchen , and a boiler flue was 650mm away from it on a horizontal level , I was aware that there needs to be a minimum distance , after looking in part F I managed to find the answer , that a minimum distance of 300mm applies as long as the fan has gravity shutters , now unless I wasn't aware of this or had an inkling of the requirements I would have carried on , I had to consider this as I am rewiring the house and that includes the supply to the fan..

Reply to Qualifications in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net