Discuss Quick NICEIC AC Question in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Just had the info through and contract to sign from the NICEIC about upgrading to Approved and have a couple of points I just wanted a bit more info on if anyone can clarify please.

There was loads of bullet points to check, but two of them just wanted clarity.

1. building standards scotland, guidance notes and technical standards.
Do i need this if in Leicester and nothing to do with Scotland?

2. Safe isolation procedure
Presumably this is literally a case of having a copy of the HSE or IET safe isolation procedure to hand?

Thanks.

1 common sense says this is nowt to do with you but check with them to make sure
2 why would a qualified electrician need a copy of a procedure for something which should come as naturally to them as breathing?

1. Yes quite, I would imagine it will not apply to me.

2. I know, stupid, but it was a document that they are asking for... That's all I can assume it is.

They want a risk assessment, so will need to put something generic together.

you defo dont need anything to do with scotland if your work doesn't take you their, and safe isolation should be fairly self explanatory so long as you know how to do it correctly! and have a 'lock off' kit. ive just done mine for the first time and it was fine i was a bit nervous but so long as you can show you know what you doing and do it safely you will be fine.

Keep your iPad or laptop handy when inspector arrives , any publications you do not have and he asks for I would order In front of him on line, should be fine with that . Good luck

I was oy reassessed for domestic 6 weeks ago and now upgrading but as they forgot to bill me the upgrade was £480 inc vat.

Ive ce got all the publications so it's not an issue. yes I know how to safely isolate single and three phase and have all the lock off stuff.

As for the risk assessments section, what do you have it used for this? Just want to ensure I am showing them the right thing.

Hi,

Just had the info through and contract to sign from the NICEIC about upgrading to Approved and have a couple of points I just wanted a bit more info on if anyone can clarify please.

There was loads of bullet points to check, but two of them just wanted clarity.

1. building standards scotland, guidance notes and technical standards.
Do i need this if in Leicester and nothing to do with Scotland?

2. Safe isolation procedure
Presumably this is literally a case of having a copy of the HSE or IET safe isolation procedure to hand?

Thanks.

I think they mean you just need to have a method statement of how you safely isolate an installation. Something like a sheet of A4 with your company name and the heading: SAFE ISOLATION PROCEDURE, then just bullet points of each step. You could through a risk assessment in for good measure

I was oy reassessed for domestic 6 weeks ago and now upgrading but as they forgot to bill me the upgrade was £480 inc vat.

Ive ce got all the publications so it's not an issue. yes I know how to safely isolate single and three phase and have all the lock off stuff.

As for the risk assessments section, what do you have it used for this? Just want to ensure I am showing them the right thing.

I have got to ask I can only assume you have been trading and contracting in commercial/industrial for a few years, and only recently decided to go over to domestic?

No, I've always 70% done domestic but upgrading as it looks better than saying domestic. I don't have to do any industrial to upgrade .

the other reason is that it will hopefully attract more commercial work for me.

Reply to Quick NICEIC AC Question in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net