Discuss radial from ring main in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Did you stop for breath there at all?
Ha ha I did but was pretty wound up when I got in from getting interrogated by the muppets that are doing this rubbish work ! Bit hard to explain while off the top of my head but it is garbage and as Pete has posted below to the OP on this older thread, surely by reading Appendice 15 even a layman or apprentice would understand basic ring finals and radials ! lol

1. Reasons you shouldn't:
    1. It is prohibited by 434.2.1 - "The part of the conductor between the point of reduction of cross-sectional area or other change and the position of the protective device shall not exceed 3m in length..."
  2. 4mm clipped direct 36 amps . he is increasing not reducing the csa. Still a stupid idea thou lol.

1. Reasons you shouldn't:
    1. It is prohibited by 434.2.1 - "The part of the conductor between the point of reduction of cross-sectional area or other change and the position of the protective device shall not exceed 3m in length..."
  2. 4mm clipped direct 36 amps . he is increasing not reducing the csa. Still a stupid idea thou lol.
Agreed Billy, although just had main contractor on phone texting asking me wtf is going on and why I'm not happy with it ? I said basically it's rough and bad practice and in extreme could overload one or more legs of essentially now a mixed circuit between ring and radial, also a pain for next electrician who comes into place and scratches his head plus ring system now flawed by the endless spur off spur carry on. He's telling me that a BS number isn't going to cut it with him etc.. I said I'll be the one doing the cutting in cutting ties with his gang ! lol

hi there, would like your views on this.. Jb off a ring main and run two or three socket,s on a 4mm radial. I myself don,t mind it. no current capacity issues.and no zs problem,s if rcd protected.Any thoughts.

Hi, there is no technical issue with this other than load distribution.

Reply to radial from ring main in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock