Discuss Range cooker - power supply installation in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

JamieH

Hi, i'm hoping for some advice really.

I have recently ordered a large range oven, a 'New World Spirit 100DFT'
Spirit 100DFT - Range Cookers - Range Cookers - Our Products - New World

Currently I have no suitable power supply to the device so one needs to be installed.

I've been advised by someone (no formal training other than DIY) that a 45amp max 6mm2 3core cable would be best. Would anyone disagree?

The oven is around 15 meters from the houses main fuse board (in the garage).

The installation tab on the newworldappliances website says it has a 32 amp fuse, but the technical data in the pdf looks to suggest a 30amp switch, and i've been recommended a 45amp cable!

Confused.com (no pun intended).

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks

Welcome to the forum Jamie. You're not a qualified sparky so I've moved this to the DIY sub-forum for you.

6mm cable on a 32A MCB, feeding through a 45A switch/isolator is a normal installation method here. a local spark will be able to confirm the load and install a supply to the cooker accordingly.

6mm cable on a 32A MCB, feeding through a 45A switch/isolator is a normal installation method here. a local spark will be able to confirm the load and install a supply to the cooker accordingly. a member of this forum, D. Skelton, is in your area, and he's a good spark even if his avatar suggests he's a wwII tank commander. LOL.

Thats really helpful! Thank you so much for your help.

Jamie

Hi, I might do yeah.

I might also look at doing the work myself (following your suggestions) and getting it certified straight away.

any spark that certifies other people's work is a fool.

Hi, I might do yeah.

I might also look at doing the work myself (following your suggestions) and getting it certified straight away.

So make a call to your LABC and ask them how much they will charge you before you make any "expensive" decisions.

6mm cable on a 32A MCB, feeding through a 45A switch/isolator is a normal installation method here. a local spark will be able to confirm the load and install a supply to the cooker accordingly. a member of this forum, D. Skelton, is in your area, and he's a good spark even if his avatar suggests he's a wwII tank commander. LOL.

Anyone dishing this much detail in the first sentence, in this section, is a FOOL

sorry, murdoch, but that info is readily available by doing a forum search. OP has already been advised that a 6mm cable with a 45A isolator is required.

sorry, murdoch, but that info is readily available by doing a forum search. OP has already been advised that a 6mm cable with a 45A isolator is required.

If its on a search then let them search, but to give this detail to any DIY numptie is foolish IMHO.

Reply to Range cooker - power supply installation in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net