Discuss Rates for domestic periodic. in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kaminsky

Hi everyone , just starting out have done 2 domestic periodic for £60 each , only took 4 hours .Is this a reasonable rate , thanks.

Hi everyone , just starting out have done 2 domestic periodic for £60 each , only took 4 hours .Is this a reasonable rate , thanks.

If you are getting a lift to work, not paying tax, and living on baked beans, I'd say that's about right.

You're about £20 below what the cowboys round here charge for a 2 hour "drive by" inspection.

Are you saying each periodic took 4 hours or 4 hours to do both?

Sounds mighty cheap to me.

What size were the properties?

It's xmas time and the wind-ups are here...

If you are just starting out I would assume experience of periodic testing isn't high, maybe it is but to knock out two domestics is four hours is rapid, how many circuits were in each.

It's criminal charging that as you are making people charging genuine rates for a genuine job uncompetitive.

It's funny how many people are astonished when I give them a price for an EICR in the north or a PIR in the south - they obviously expect stupid rates like the one you've quoted.

Are you saying each periodic took 4 hours or 4 hours to do both?

Sounds mighty cheap to me.

What size were the properties?

145509.jpg

No kaminsky it's not reasonable, it's just no possible despite what some may say, you are giving the decent Electricians a bad name £60 for an domestic PIR. laughable.

I charge per circuit £25-£35. Depends on complexity of installation and ease or difficulty getting to the CU and other equipment etc. I have heard (recently) of £100 per circuit and the man in question landing a contract for twelve CU at that price. So I think you may hold the record for the lowest price in history. You sure aint going to make a living on your price structure. I would not do it for less than I have said.

Are these inspections being done on behalf of a council or housing association? perhaps considered as being an expected days work

If that is the case(and bearing in mind the sometimes repeating nature of the installations)it could be envisaged that 2 a day could be expected

If they are "one off" private properties,the time taken for a thorough examination and/or the price are well off what would could be considered a quality days work for a quality days pay

Ur all mad, the council expect there workers todo 3 health and safety checks a day, roughly 2 hrs a house. Within that 2hrs you write up the circuits, test your loops of sockets, test button of rcbo/rcd,Zs every circuit and visual . Most boys don't even do this. It's tight.

Reply to Rates for domestic periodic. in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net