Discuss Rcbo functional earth location in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

hightower

When wiring an rcbo where do you tend to put the functional earth? I'm assuming it will be tricky to ensure the small functional earth will get a good grip when placed with its corresponding cpc, so do you put your functional earth in its own terminal?

I never put them with the circuit CPCs, the CSA is miles different. It's best to terminate them in their own terminal, but depending on the board and no. of circuits, you may have to double them up as there is often not enough spare terminals on the earth bar.

Separate terminals, do you find the coiled functional earths a pain in the butt? I used to cut them to length, and sheath them with the smallest sleeving I could find to make them easier to dress.

Separate terminals, do you find the coiled functional earths a pain in the butt? I used to cut them to length, and sheath them with the smallest sleeving I could find to make them easier to dress.
I'm guessing you mean green/yellow sleeving?.

It doesn't require that though you know Pete, as it's a functional earth which is recommended to be coloured cream, as most come.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

So for the couple of you who have said the same terminal, how do you manage that when you've got a ferrule which might be say 1mm, and a cpc which could be 2.5mm?

double the end over and fit a 1.5mm or a 2.5mm ferrule.

I'm guessing you mean green/yellow sleeving?.

It doesn't require that though you know Pete, as it's a functional earth which is recommended to be coloured cream, as most come.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I know and no it wasn't GY sleeving, just makes it easier to dress the cables, should have made it plainer Sorry if I confused anyone.

Last edited:
So for the couple of you who have said the same terminal, how do you manage that when you've got a ferrule which might be say 1mm, and a cpc which could be 2.5mm?
I double the end of the CPC over and make sure the ferrule sits on top of the middle of the CPC and then tighten as usual.

Reply to Rcbo functional earth location in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock