Discuss RCD & Code 2 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Regs

-
Reaction score
Sockets that can be used for outside equipment warrants a code 2, i get that. Yet you can stand in your bathroom using your non rcd protected power shower (if installed to earlier regs of course) covered in water and that only warrants a code 3? am i missing something here:dizzy2:
Thx.

shower is sealed. no access to live parts. no plug and socket. also, there's usually no electrical parts inside a power shower.

Thanks for your fast reply, read a lot of your post by the way before deciding to join this site.
You could slip and knock the shower & if its become loose over the years making it lethal, or cable come loose these are real possibilities surely?

But if the cover was loose or damaged then the code would obviously change.

Sockets that can be used for outside equipment warrants a code 2, i get that. Yet you can stand in your bathroom using your non rcd protected power shower (if installed to earlier regs of course) covered in water and that only warrants a code 3? am i missing something here:dizzy2:
Thx.

Worry not about the Rcd,make sure you have a snorkel handy

Thx.

EDIT: Post deleted as I was talking absolute b&ll*^"s...... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO< a socket for outside use that's not RCD protected is a C2. potential danger. ( cables cut by power tools etc.)

IMO< a socket for outside use that's not RCD protected is a C2. potential danger. ( cables cut by power tools etc.)
Yeah i get that, Thanks, but chance of survival is high. If your in a shower and there's a fault chance of survival got to be really low. Guess regs more interested in faults happening in the first place rather than the consequences

Yeah i get that, Thanks, but chance of survival is high. If your in a shower and there's a fault chance of survival got to be really low. Guess regs more interested in faults happening in the first place rather than the consequences

disagree. if a person is using , say, an electric mower outside, cuts the cable. instinct is to pick it up and inspect the damage. as most of these tools are classII, there is no cpc and therefore it's more likely that the cable will still be live. add wet grass to the equation and it's far more dangerous than having a fault on a shower, which latter would usually trip the MCB/fuse.

Reply to RCD & Code 2 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock