Discuss RCD Requirements minor works in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks guys for the posts I have no problem if someone disagrees and would do something a different way as I may say yes not thought of that for example. but I get annoyed when people puts dumb without a counter argument.

I think the dumb button gets pressed accidentally when scrolling on a phone or tablet. It's in the wrong place for a 'right hander' - left handers would always press the 'like' button by accident and no one complains about that, do they!

just a 'technicality' query - the regs are not retrospective, so the existing circuit
(assuming it was installed pre RCD days) does not have to be RCD'd. Would fitting
an RCD socket therefore comply with current regs? ( Just curious! ).

just a 'technicality' query - the regs are not retrospective, so the existing circuit
(assuming it was installed pre RCD days) does not have to be RCD'd. Would fitting
an RCD socket therefore comply with current regs? ( Just curious! ).
Yes as your installing a socket outlet with rcd protection.
the work you undertake must comply with the current edition of bs7671

Yes as your installing a socket outlet with rcd protection.
the work you undertake must comply with the current edition of bs7671
but if you are feeding that new socket with cable buried in wall <2" deep, then 522.6 needs to be complied with.

Reply to RCD Requirements minor works in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Just a quick one regarding the need for RCD protection for socket outlets rated up to and including 32A. I have been tasked to install...
Replies
Views
Called out to fault on RCD tripping maybe twice in a month for sometime. Did all the tests & found RCD was faulty, Refitted a new Rcd Type A which...
Replies
Views
Hello Need to replace a distribution board in the next few weeks to allow for more circuits to be installed in January. Existing is a TT system...
Replies
Views
Hello! I've been racking my brain this evening about some RCD selections. I've been doing some work for a solar installer, and they've asked me...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I have two very specific questions, for the setup below. Setup details: Currently I have a setup with an outlet used for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock