Discuss RCD Testing - Remove devices prior to testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

dazj90

-
Reaction score
I've got a 3 phase DB with individual RCBO's supplying various equipment, Fire Alarm Controller/Water Heaters/Office Sockets/Office Lighting/Air Conditioning Controller.

GN3 suggests "Any load or appliances should be disconnected prior to testing", would it be ok remove the supply at the RCBO for this and is it necessary to remove the load?

Would removing the fuse from a spur be sufficient enough to remove the load as there are a couple of circuits that feed a spur then the device.
Full arc flash gear will be worn under companies rules.

Yes removing the fuse would be sufficient, or just switching the spur off if it has a switch.

I do not believe there is a standard form for quarterly RCD testing.
I would either create your own form or modify say a minor works certificate to an RCD testing report.
Something like this depending on what you need to report

Attachments

• RCD quarterly test report.pdf
    55.7 KB · Views: 17

Reply to RCD Testing - Remove devices prior to testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock