Discuss RCD trip out in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Simon Hall

I've been called to a job for a friend as his swimming pool pump keep tripping the RCD, it took me a while to work out how the other electrician had wired it but of what I see, it's a bit of a mess. I'll do my best to explain for the pool I can see 3 MCB's used 1st is a 6A type b in to a time clock in 1.5mm2 then that goes into a contactor then there is a 32A type c in 6mm2 that goes into the contactor then SWA to the pool. Then the last one is a 10A type c in 1.5mm2 that goes to a switch then in SWA to the pool to the plug where the pump plugs into, this is when the RCD trips. I've tested the cables and they are, R1-R2 1.32ohms insulation resistance is all around 100Mohms. Ze is 0.19ohms Zs is 1.21ohms PFC is 1.22KA and the RCD trips within the permitted times, the pump is PSH mini.2 50m 0.37KW. I've never worked with swimming pools before it's a bit out my comfit zone I'm just trying to help a friend. Also the pump works fine for hours when pugged into another RCD protected circuit.

Simon please respond ??????
You had great advice on your previous thread about this so what is the problem now ???
Do you have a swimming pool pump fetish.

Haha good one I've been in the trade a while now & I most defiantly did not go on a 5 week course if I wanted to spend £8k I would of just gone to uni... I was an apprentice thanks

Simon please respond ??????
You had great advice on your previous thread about this so what is the problem now ???
Do you have a swimming pool pump fetish.
thats the problem then isn't it? the black leather on the pump is causing it to overheat and trip the breaker.:coolgleamA:

RCD trip out {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Simon,
just admit one thing. You are not competent to be working on any installation, never mind a swimming pool.

Your record on here hardly sparkles does it?

Find something else to do, Joe Public deserves that.

Simon,
just admit one thing. You are not competent to be working on any installation, never mind a swimming pool.

Your record on here hardly sparkles does it?

Find something else to do, Joe Public deserves that.

The boss has spoken !!!!
Sound advice Tony

Reply to RCD trip out in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock