Discuss Recording PFC and PSCC results in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Mbiggs222

I have my Am2 this week and am getting confused with what reading is to be placed in schedule of test results.
I understand for PFC to take the highest reading between 3 phase and earth but have to then go between phases & N to find PSCC.

Is it PSCC reading then doubled and put on back of test sheet (as this is what I believe I was told)
Or

Is it the highest reading within PFC and PSCC that is put on test sheet.
Could someone please enlighten me
Thank you in advance

the phase-N PSCCis usually higher than the PEFC ( except with TNC-S), so that's what you enter on the cert. with 3 phase, the P-P PSCC is rt3 x P-N PSCC.

the phase-N PSCCis usually higher than the PEFC ( except with TNC-S), so that's what you enter on the cert. with 3 phase, the P-P PSCC is rt3 x P-N PSCC.

As far as I'm aware it is a TNC-S install so i will test All phases to E & To N & between phases then this will go on the cert.

With 3 phase, you measure each phase to earth to find the highest value of PEFC.
Then measure each phase to neutral to find the highest value of PSCC.
The PFC will then be the highest value of PSCC doubled.
If there is no neutral, double the highest value of PEFC.

The highest fault current will be between phases so measure between each phase.
If your meter won't allow this due to it maximum voltage rating then measure between phase and neutral and double the result.
This gives a safe estimate as the highest fault current will always be between phases in 3 phase installations.
Example phase -neutral is measured at 4ka.
Then 8ka would be the doubled reading and you would record this on the test cert

As far as I'm aware it is a TNC-S install so i will test All phases to E & To N & between phases then this will go on the cert.

I thought that depending on equipment you won't test between phases which is why whatever reading you get between those 6 tests of phase to E & N that you double it then that is your PFC.
Am going to write all this down on back of test sheet so am covered.
Thanks all for your input

I thought that depending on equipment you won't test between phases which is why whatever reading you get between those 6 tests of phase to E & N that you double it then that is your PFC.
Am going to write all this down on back of test sheet so am covered.
Thanks all for your input
My megger mft will test between phases so I do.
It has a warning notice of 500v maximum rating on the instrument.
Good luck anyway

Reply to Recording PFC and PSCC results in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock