Discuss Recording RCD test results in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

My understanding is that you record the relevant time on the certificate.
So if an RCD is being used only for fault protection i.e. meeting disconnection times where Zs is too high for MCB. Then the relevant time will be 1x.
If an RCD is providing supplementary protection (which is usually the case for 30mA units) then the relevant figure is the 5x reading.

So in the case of a 17th Edition board on a TN-S or TN-C-S system the RCD's will be supplementary so 5x is the important one.

hmmm.

I thought you had to do all six tests, regardless of what system its used in and what its used for.

I think you may find GN3 specifically asks for all of them.

Not got it to hand at the mo.

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding is that you record the relevant time on the certificate.

All tests do need to be carried out :rolleyes:

Just to clarify I dont have a problem with recording all test results. I just wanted to point out the relevant one in a particular senario

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Recording RCD test results in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock