Discuss Redring powerstream water heaters in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

kevben

-
Reaction score
Anybody out there had any experiance of installing these water heaters? Planning to install them in a flat development . Flats all electric, developer pushed for space ,doesn't want E7. Seem straight forward to install , would like any comments on performance, reliabilty etc.. Any experiance would be welcome :)

To be honest, they are all pretty much the same.

Electric water heating is never ideal, especially in a hard water area.

Spares are readily available, even for older units, and their service back up is good.

Thanks for reply . Have you had any experiance of them . Designing the installation and they seem to be the best option . We need them to supply a shower and at least the kitchen sink. Also what would be the max distance allowed between units?
Redring say no max distance but i 'm sure this is sales talk.
May end up installing electric shower and one of these units for kitchen & bathroom sink, would this be a viable option?

As far as I can tell, the maximum distance is only governed by the fact that the longer it is the more water temperature reduction you will receive in the pipework.

Showers are fine if you use a basic mixer kit like the Redring one but Redring don't recomend them for kitchen sinks (although we have had plenty of people tell us they've been using them for kitchen sinks and baths happily for years).

Using Powerstreams for anything other than hand basins and mixer showers would in theory invalidate the warranty if they sent an engineer out to perform an on-site warranty repair on a unit.

I have written a detailed blog specifically about the Redring Powerstream water heater and the uses people have put it to (both approved and unnapproved). There's advice on fitting and "fine tuning" the unit to get the best performance.

Redring Powerstream « Fastlec

Forum admi: I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this link (if so I'll happily remove it). It is a genuine attempt to clear up the many questions that people fire at us all the time about the Redring Powerstream.

What perfect timing been to a job today with a redring powerstream 9.5kW version water flowing no hot water. Supply ok until you get to the switch at the back behind the high/low setting. Three possibilities as I see it switch is dead or water pressure to high/low, customer states water pressure ok so where can I obtain new switch close to me in mid wales.

Or is their something else I havent taken into account.

Thanks

Chris

If possible get the client to adjust the flow using the service valve (with the basin tap fully open) to see if that re-activates the flow switch.

Other than that its a mail order job to get a replacement switch I'm afraid.

Redring Sales/Spares 0844 372 7750

or

UK Spares 01454 620500

How old is the unit? Remember they come with a 3 year warranty (on-site if you push Redring a bit).

Thanks I thought I was on the right track unit is over 3 years replacement part is £29.78 + £5 p&p. Client is happy with all in price quoted:eek:

Chris

Reply to Redring powerstream water heaters in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock