Discuss renusol mcs accreditation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

ambrad

hi all

i have been told renusol /solar pv mounting systems are loosing their mcs accreditation. is there any truth in this.

regards

It's because of this:

All MCS certified installation companies installing in line with the requirements of MIS 3001 and MIS 3002 which refer to MCS 012 must be using MCS 012 approved products (where applicable) from 31st March 2014.

There are not a lot of roof mounting systems that are approved (yet) - expect a rush in the the next 45 days or so..

the following (not a complete list) are not yet listed:
K2
Schletter
Renusol
Schuco
RedTip
Britsol
SolarLimpets
Anyone that makes a hanger bolt........

To date the only ones listed are:
C21e Plain Tile M50 S39...
C21e Slate M50 S39...
C21e Tile M50 S38...
ClickFit for Roof Tiles...
Easy Roof Evolution L1 (when used to mount a Jinko...
GS-PR-01 (GS Tile Roof Solar Mounting System)...
PV-ez Rack SolarRoof Pro...
Viridian Solar - Clearline flashing kits...

I suspect that all the roof integrated systems using plastic backing sheets such as renusol will have problems meeting the fire resistance standards for an actual roof covering.

@GavinA, the challenge is it's not just the integrated ones that need certification - MC012 relates to any system that uses a roof hook (or hanger bolt...)

for example every system must be provided with:

"Guidance must be given on compatible solar panels and roof systems. The information provided to the installer must clearly indicate how the kit is installed with different solar panels and roof types including the type and number of fixings and maximum recommended spacing of brackets/rails.
In particular, the following information shall be clearly and prominently shown in the product installation instructions:
- The maximum wind load the system achieved when assessed according to this document, using the standard procedure and fixing details as described in the manufacturer’s instructions;
- For products that can be used with a variety of different solar panels these instructions should clearly describe the array design constraints (e.g. maximum module area, fixings per m² etc) that need to be met in order to achieve the stated wind load result."

I've been asking for that information for two years - only 3 companies have provided it to me - K2, Schletter and ClickFit

also they need to provided a certificate with:

"8. CERTIFICATE CONTENT
Certificates shall contain the name and address of the manufacturer/supplier, model and reference number of the roof installation kit or components the test standard, a unique certificate reference number and the issue number and date.
In addition, the certificate will include the following information:
- Roofing substrates compatible with the system and any minimum requirements e.g. minimum timber size;
- Minimum permissible roof pitch;
- Whether the product is suitable for use as in roof or above roof installations;
- Maximum design wind uplift resistance as defined in Section 4.2.1 of Appendix A (this may be a single value or a table of values for different installation configurations);
- The value of the partial (safety) factor(s) that have been used in determining the wind uplift resistance for the product as defined in section 4.2.1 of Appendix A;
- Fire test result in accordance with Section 5 of Appendix A (for roof integrated only or where an above roof system is assessed for use on combustible substrates)."

and on top of that they need to specify which type of tile the system can be used with:

"The presence of the solar panel system must not decrease the weather performance of the roof covering or the roof structure.
The manufacturer/supplier shall declare which generic product classes their system can be used with:
- Profiled or flat single lapped tiles (profiled are recommended for test)
- Plain tiles (double lapped product)
- Double lapped slates (natural or synthetic)
- Profiled metal sheets or standing seam roof coverings
- Any other generic roofing type"

The thing is we have been ordering direct from the manufacturers now for nearly 4 years and when shipped direct to us (not via a wholesaler) we have always received FULL, COMPREHENSIVE written installation instructions, and certification (usually TUV) certificates - so we know they can do it.

HOWEVER, as I understand it, (and I may have this wrong) I am lead to believe that any system that is already TUV certified will automatically get an MCS certification, so it may not be as bad as it seems.

hi all

i have been told renusol /solar pv mounting systems are loosing their mcs accreditation. is there any truth in this.

regards
Hi All I can assure you as I work for Renusol that MCS 012 is well in hand and InterSole VarioSole and MetaSole will be registered we are in the final stage of administration between TUV / BBA / MCS.

Reply to renusol mcs accreditation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock