Discuss Replacing a ceiling rose with new light fitting in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

l33

Hello All,

I am a student currently training to become an electrician and engineer. I am just using this post to carry out a little bit of research to help enable myself to become a better electrical contractor.

What I am interesting in is getting problems and solutions existing electricians have had while replacing a ceiling rose with a new light fitting. For example the terminations of the existing cables to short making it difficult to terminate the new connections to connector blocks. Any information would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank

Hello All,

I am a student currently training to become an electrician.....................

If you're currently on a training course please check out this and if you follow the instructions and do the necessary we can give you access to the trainee area.

What I want to know are what problems experienced electricians have encountered when changing over a ceiling rose to a new light fitting and what they have done to overcome the issue.

An electrician shouldn't really struggle with any aspect of changing a ceiling rose. I think you need to look a little deeper into more challenging tasks.

I think I'm phrasing it wrong I agree its a very straight forward process and electrician won't struggle to change a ceiling rose what I'm looking for are any circumstances that sometimes prolong it. one example I have witnessed is that the old wiring had no give in the cable at all and because of this the new light fitting didn't leave to much space between the ceiling to get both a screwdriver and a hand in to ensure each wire was securely in the connector block this made a straight forward job prolonged due to the tight space caused some connections to come loose when tightening.

This is just research for an engineering project that I am currently doing for college and It is based on light fittings and is to identify any common issues that may exist in the industry to do with this area. If non exist then thats great, but what I'm looking for are those circumstance that sometimes cause the job to go on a bit longer than expected due to no fault of the electrician.

Reply to Replacing a ceiling rose with new light fitting in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net