Discuss Resin joint kits in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Moving a busbar 20 meter ,going to run some new feeds and joint a 50mm 4 core , got the kit done the connection s and the instructions say connection must be energised as soon as the resin poured (why is that )

4 times , didn't make sense to me .Off the top of my head " low voltage up to 1000v must be energised immediately after resin pour " looking on line now to make sure . 57 hour already this week and in all day tomorrow might just be tried , good job the clocks go forward tonight don't want that extra hour anyway

Any instructions that I have read (and that's not too many!) have said that the joint CAN be energised immediately. Not that it MUST be energised.
What if you haven't finished the rest of the install, so you cannot energise it??

The DNOs will energise immediately, well actually, its always energised 'cos they do that stuff live.

Which make of joint kit have you got?

Usually they want the joint supported for some period and low voltage joints may be energised quickly as T2Cities says. But I can't see being energised as prereq for the resin to cure. Sleep in :)

I hate being wrong ,but i hope i am . Sod it going to pour it and let it go off (that what i get for reading or misreading instructions)

Last edited:
Back in the day (1985) I made loads of resin joints probably one or two a day, most of them live but some dead, IMHO wouldn't make a jot of difference if they were energized straight away or not.

Reply to Resin joint kits in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock