Currently reading:
reverse the connection of neutral and phase

Discuss reverse the connection of neutral and phase in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi Robinson and welcome to the forum

i know it's friday. but due to the warm weather, bath night has had to be shunted forward from saturday to tonight, else 'er indoors says i'm sleeping in the shed.

Well let's be fair here lads, you could.
If you were really unhappy with something and wanted to either end your own life or someone else's
Oops, did I just give the OP an idea?
:)

I see what you're saying Trev, similar to examination papers where it's critical you understand the difference between can, may, ought, should and must. So I suppose after re-reading the question the answer is yes if you're in possession of the correct tools and a deathwish.

I see what you're saying Trev, similar to examination papers where it's critical you understand the difference between can, may, ought, should and must. So I suppose after re-reading the question the answer is yes if you're in possession of the correct tools and a deathwish.
Exactly mate. We can. but we ought not to and we may not :)

Hmmm, steady on lads...

Manoj, what type of electrical system are we talking about? In some cases, where there is no reference to earth on an electrical system the neutral isn't actually a neutral.

Can you expand more on your question?

If he’s in Mumbai they work to IES which is based on BS7671. Distribution is pretty much the same as here. At least they've stuck to 433/250V.

I’ve a friend at Mumbai university, I’ll see if he’ll send a copy.

PS if anyone wants a copy of the latest American codes drop me a PM. They make more sense than ours, written so you can actually follow them.
If a new code is added, say 711-3-X, it stays as 711-3-X with the addition of a suffix if it’s changed in subsequent editions.

But we're not sure if he is talking about an actual real life situation or if he's coming from a theoretical point of view. Either way, he could be talking about an electrically separate supply or a genny supply, maybe a reduced low voltage system?

Maybe if he's coming from a theoretical point of view he'd be better asking the question; "What is a neutral?"

Of course this is only speculation as we have so very little information to go on.

Reply to reverse the connection of neutral and phase in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock