Discuss Rewire with no cpc on lighting circuit??????? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Morning all been ask to change some light fittings & switch's in a bungalow as the lady said it had just been rewired by the local council and she would like some nice chrome fittings. But the lighting circuit has been done in d/insulated singles with no cpc.

The power circuits are done in t+e so they are fine everything is rcd but as a new install the ligting should have a cpc.

i ask the lady if i could see the eic cert but that go's direct to the council

Morning all been ask to change some light fittings & switch's in a bungalow as the lady said it had just been rewired by the local council and she would like some nice chrome fittings. But the lighting circuit has been done in d/insulated singles with no cpc.

The power circuits are done in t+e so they are fine everything is rcd but as a new install the ligting should have a cpc.

i ask the lady if i could see the eic cert but that go's direct to the council

Conduit???

The council have wired a lighting circuit in someones bungalow in double insulated singles and no CPC.

Well my advice would be tell the lady to call the council now and for her to tell them that she can smell burning in the loft, and when someone gets there get her to tell them that she asked you as a friend to help her move some material around, and as your a spark you notice the circuit and was wondering why it contravened regulation 412.2.3.2 concerning CPCs at each point of an installation, even with class II fittings ....................and take it from there.

I wouldn't be telling the council that you were there to do electrical work just in case.

Council employed sparks are some of the worst I've seen.

When I moved into my house it had been updated to current regs.

List of faults:

Toilet light wouldn't switch off.
Two way strappers miss-matched
No continuity on RFC
outside supply was multiple spurs from C/U from 32a rcbo (no fusing down)
Central heating didnt work (time clock)

Still got a shiny NIC part-p cert tho so must be ok after all.

I considered sending them an invoice new cert and re notifying.

Muppets.

It may be a little unfair slating all council sparks.I would think most council houses are wired by outside contractors

The council boys mostly work at a leisurely pace :boat: ,they therefore have plenty of time to have little excuse for low standards

Guys, guys, guys c'mon. I hope these comments about "Council" sparks are tounge in cheek! There's nothing to be gained in badmouthing fellow tradesmen/women without having the facts. We all know there are good/bad/lazy/hardworking etc etc in every part of our trade.

I'm sure we have all seen pi** poor and excellent work from all sections of the industry.

I'm off now to take some paracetamol for my bear head:38:

You sure there's no Cpc in the singles or has a grey single been used as an earth

but are you sure it's not in conduit with the conduit used as cpc? then again, why use sheathed singles in conduit?, maybe they had a few rolls needed using up

Reply to Rewire with no cpc on lighting circuit??????? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock