Discuss rewire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'd sometimes be doing a JB for example in a loft or under the floor and one sparks in particular would say '5 minutes until switch on' or similar, that used to get me cracking on although I don't think he was serious ??

Got locked under a fair few floors myself, a couple of times they would set the hosepipe dripping where the hatch was, quicker I was, less water I had to crawl through to get out (in uninhabited houses obviously haha). All prt of the cycle I think.
Never tried that one

Is it an old property? in my younger days we used to be able to cut a trap in the ground floor timber boards and sen the Apprentice down the trap, and all we did was to push cables down at the positions of the sockets and get him to run the cables around the downstairs ring, mind you in todays Nanny state you might get in trouble for exploiting the young.
that's not as bad as sending him into a trussed attic where the ridge is ony 3 foot high, on a hot summer's day. they all namby-pambys these days.

OK, pete. smallest one is causing a bit of concern though regarding feeding. going to have to keep an eye on him.

todays Nanny state you might get in trouble for exploiting the young.

They should all be made to wire a Prefab lying on their belly balanced across the panels before getting the luxury of wiring under floors

todays Nanny state you might get in trouble for exploiting the young.

They should all be made to wire a Prefab lying on their belly balanced across the panels before getting the luxury of wiring under floors
They're coming back you know to deal with the housing shortage - they may have a little less of the itchy stuff in the manufacturing process we hope!

Prefabs, not the young!
Why do I feel that I need to explain my posts? Is it me? Don't answer, I just did!

Well upstairs people would expect the wiring to come up to the sockets and downstairs drop down to the sockets.

Might just be a glossop rule of thumb

I've read this twice and I still don't understand it. It may be me being thick though!

ah, good old glossop. the town that puts 2 hours onto a 1/2 hour drive.

Been under some right horrible floors. Recently got stuck in a loft when the joiners went for tea and didn't move my ladder back (by accident apparently). Was a good half an hour before anyone passed/heard me haha.

Reply to rewire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net