Discuss Rip off insurance deals with the insurers on this forum no surely not (NOT) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

The Ghost

Just thought I would try our friendly forum sponsor insurers. Quoted me twice the price nearly for my van insurance. Did not bother with PI and Indemnity or that will probably be another double thier money offer. Anyone else tried a quote from this forum and was it good. They must think us dumb thinking there is no one else to get a quote from I suppose.

They probably have your name on file and when your call came in the bells and lights started flashing!
Just like sparks, if you don't really want the job you put In a high price - ever thought they may be doing that with you?
Call their bluff and take out the insurance at the price they quoted - that'll teach them!
My PL and tool insurance was good so all according to who calls you and what quote they give.

Due to a large number of vehicles being broken into in my home area my van insurance has gone up nearly £300 this year... even though the crimes in question weren't on work vehicles the insurance companies have racked prices up... the broker told me that nearly all their customers have seen large van quote increases.. it doesn't help that tool thefts from vans are at epidemic levels in parts of the country... in some cases the claims for tools are for more than the van is worth... no wonder the underwriters get squeaky bottoms when they see electrician in the quote and visualise the testing kit and tools.

I am sure you are all aware but you have to be really careful with tool insurance. Most of the quotes I have ever had would need you to provide the original receipt for the nicked tools. Unless you pay ridiculous premiums most of it is a waste of time.

I am sure you are all aware but you have to be really careful with tool insurance. Most of the quotes I have ever had would need you to provide the original receipt for the nicked tools. Unless you pay ridiculous premiums most of it is a waste of time.
Got to agree we took out tool insurance until we wised up to the fact that there was so many limitations and you would only get the value of the item(s) stolen at that time the depreciated value not the replacement /purchased price.

Reply to Rip off insurance deals with the insurers on this forum no surely not (NOT) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock