Discuss Rogue Traders on now in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

hahahahahaha.... its the sticky switch from B&Q...... or is it the B&Q Light fitting....!! or was it the Plonker attempting to wire a light with out a neutral...!! lol

I'm off to put an outside light for someone, using the plug....sorry switch....sorry plug on the wall. Oh no they sold me a dud one, no the lights not working...tell you what plug in that metal kettle in the new earthless socket I just fitted whilst I think here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now thats what we should be showing future customers when they say they found someone cheaper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sav

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple of points I noticed

The guy was an utter plonker
The expert quickly pointed out that the " light wouldn't work" because "there is no neutral at the switch" or plug as plonker called it :confused:
This might put some of us in an awkward position next time we wire in the same outside light to a switch that does have the neutral at the switch
Should he mave made the all sweeping statement that they dont ?
The changed socket appeared to have dis coloured insulation,or perhaps my eyes are dimming

Why was the opportunity to promote an electrican who could produce a scheme or Jib card missed

Your missing the point guys, he should of had the book thrown at him by the authorities, he is a dangerous practicing electrician without part-p and no 16 or 17th edition, and not a member of any scheme. This is my beef you see, I believe nothing ever happens to these people until someone dies.
The case of the poor women who died in the rented cottage without proper bonding in Cornwall proves my point. If you don't pay your car tax they take away your car, if you don't pat your t.v license you get a big fine, but if you produce lethal electrics, well thats not so bad is it? This guy should of had his electrical tools taken from him and fined in court. But whats happen to date........he told 'rough traders' he will try to go to collage to be a proper electrician.........well thats o.k then.....carry on mate. Anyone want any cheap electrical work done?

Thats two pieces of entertainment thats been worth watching with that plonk and the reliant.

being non registered of qualified is one matter but having no clue... How on earth or without did he expect to get paid. Neutral chance!!

Reply to Rogue Traders on now in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock