Discuss rules and info on running a pv system on a sub main board in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
i have been asked to quote a pv system, the easiest board is a submain which is fed by a 16mm cable which is big enough for the pv system i want to install, but does the pv installation still work the same through a sub main, the main consumer board has no spare, and the sub main has lots of spare ways

any info or website would be great

As far as I understand submain is as good as a main. As long as the breaker in the main switching the submain is correctly rated ie lower than the 16mm cable over the length of its run as determined by BS7671. You need a 16A breaker in the submain so that should be fine.

As far as I understand submain is as good as a main. As long as the breaker in the main switching the submain is correctly rated ie lower than the 16mm cable over the length of its run as determined by BS7671. You need a 16A breaker in the submain so that should be fine.

Not trying to pick holes in this post but i read it a couple of times and did'nt find it very clear
it sounds as you are suggesting a 16A mcb supplying the submain when I think you meant to say 16A mcb suppying the PV from the sub board

Also to add ; the submain ideally will have a low volt drop guidance says less than 1% but in practice this is difficult to acheive and costly
regs say as low as possible and within Bs7671

Reply to rules and info on running a pv system on a sub main board in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

hi thank you for help in advance have a potential pv installation for a garage roof that is some 60m from the main house (main incomer in the...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
Been asked to move, remove and add some sockets the kitchen and I’ll need to add a circuit for an electric hob. Looked at the board and it’s one...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I wonder if I can get some opinion on my deliberations on an old TPN installation with numerous 1P sub-boards wired up with 16mm T&E...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock