Discuss Run up to Christmas in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
So lads what are your plans upto Xmas, will you be full pelt upto the death or have some of you started to wind down already.
It's been a mad year for me and my lads this year so I am trying to calm it down next week, we will be still going until Friday but hopefully office bound from Thursday just sorting paperwork out.

Winding down already. I'm booked up until the day I want to be off and am not taking any more jobs in.
Am getting the annual wave of last minute and urgent jobs as people ring round and find everyone else booked up too. Next week will come the surge of new cookers dropped off by argos with no circuit capable of connecting to.

I've been winding down since I came back from my holiday in Majorca, in September! I break up on Friday this week and have nothing planned for next week. Although I will probably get bored and end up doing some work around the house.

Jay

Winding down already. I'm booked up until the day I want to be off and am not taking any more jobs in.
Am getting the annual wave of last minute and urgent jobs as people ring round and find everyone else booked up too. Next week will come the surge of new cookers dropped off by argos with no circuit capable of connecting to.

Well I'm not complaining but we're booked up until next August/September but If I don't set a day to stop we would just keep going, everyone needs a break.

Well I had already wound down and was off, until my lad gave me another kitchen refurb to do, that is going to have the CU replaced as well. So got that to do next week, so I'm gonna have to drag my sorry arse out of bed before 8am, bloody outrageous. Another thing, 'works do' is week Friday, and me lad demands I wear one of those stupid Xmas jumpers. Got away with it last year by wearing a coat. You can imagine the looks you get from people, when they see a drunken old sod with an embroidered Santa on the front of his lime green jumper. Bloody undignified, no way to treat a prospective pensioner. I hate Xmas.

Works night Friday, hang over Saturday then back to work all next week :(. Will probably meet up next Friday morning for a giant breakfast then try to find some where to sleep it off in the afternoon. Have best part of a couple of weeks of over Christmas and new year.

Hum.. got too much to do before next Friday but I am then not planning any work until the 3rd Jan. Then a well earned break with the family and NO alarm clocks

January looks rather to hectic too....

Reply to Run up to Christmas in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net