Discuss Safety Emergency Stop Relay Schneider XPS-AC in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

joel89

-
Reaction score
XPSAC3721 | Preventa XPS AC Safety Relay, 230 V ac, 3NO Safety, NC Auxiliary | Schneider Electric

Hi all, the above attached E-STOP safety relay I use regularly use when carrying out panel build upgrades from 1960-70s panels which most of our machines have, anyway my question is. we have a paint plant automated where the paint head goes up and down sprays, it sprays cylinders which run along a track powered by a motor gearbox, then they run into the heating/burners powered by gas solenoid valves. and theres extractors everywhere, there is 4 x seperate panels, (extractors, track, gas burners & paint spray) currently there is e-stops which just go direct to the stop buttons not threw a safety relay, but these only break the track panel circuit so the paint carries on, burners, and extractors I am wanting to know if you can link Safety Relays together, I need to link 3 together to run the control wiring for each panel threw them thus breaking every panel control from the E-Stop circuit

cheers

Last edited:
After you have done your assessment and confirmed what you intend to do then you could create a global Safety circuit that monitors all the safety relays in each panel and if any individual section is operated then the global safety relay operates (this keeps each kit seperate), how this interacts with each panel is down to your risk level but generally you have it operate all the safety relays and have all the resets for each panel running through a N/O channel on your global relay. This way the master needs to be reset first then each of the control panels reset. You can leave all the existing wiring as is this way just adding the global safety relay wiring, or remove all E-stops and replace with a common global E-stop.

I would be designing this set-up with care as I assume the fumes could be explosive if they build up, you need to consider what the extraction system needs to be doing in E-Stop situe or even a fire event.

Last edited:
Kind of as per Darkwood's reply, I wouldn't think the extractors need to be on an emergency stop circuit, presume they won't be sucking anybody inside them.

Are the burners inside a guarded area/furnace with interlocked doors?

Risk assessment is the very first step in this process, anything else without first completing your risk assessment is pointless.

Last edited:

Reply to Safety Emergency Stop Relay Schneider XPS-AC in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net