Discuss Scantronic ion-16 alarm system shut down, can't get running again. in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Oldbill

Initially disconnected 4wires on keypad with power switched off at fused spur reconnected wires back in order system failed to reboot blank keypad all fuses checked hav had an electrician look at it but 2 no avail possibly keypad not sure.any help or advice much appreciated thx

power off mains. dis. battery, the power up again. that might do it.

Is the connector strip in the RKP fixed in securely?
Have any of the internal glass fuses in the main panel blown?

If they are fine, do a continuity check on the cable. If that is fine check what voltage is showing in the RKP. If that is fine, change the key pad.

If the keypad lights up, but has no text A&B data terminals are usually incorrect, otherwise system corrupted, and requires full nvm reset, look in manual for resetting system

If the keypad lights up, but has no text A&B data terminals are usually incorrect, otherwise system corrupted, and requires full nvm reset, look in manual for resetting system
Hi keypad not lit at all tried resetting via the 2 pins

Hi keypad not lit at all tried resetting via the 2 pins

sounds like blown fuse.

you will need to open the main panel up and take a look at the glass fuses and probably one will need replacing. usually there are 3 fuses (for different purposes) but that naturally varies from panel to panel.

ive never fit an ion but from what i know they are fairly recent so it may not have fuses at all....

if it does, if you have a continuity tester of some sort you can check using that, if not, you can usually see a gap in the wire or something to give it away.

make sure you get the right fuse size too just incase there is a problem\fault

Reply to Scantronic ion-16 alarm system shut down, can't get running again. in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net