Discuss Schedule of rates???? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gm75

Hi

Have big local authority carpark job to price. Cant decide if i should spend £200+ to get schedule of rates book off internet for tube, trunking, singles etc prices. Or should i work out price by labour & materials plus£, ?? Anyone had good/bad experience using schedule of rates?? Or expensive estimating software?? Help.

Have used schedule of rates on big big jobs where i cant work the price out, and they normally work out well . just keep an eye on your men as they are based on a good days work.

Agree with that, a way round this is to assume 80% efficiency (If you then slave drive :eek: ~20% profit;)) which you should be aiming for as a minimum.

I have used luckings & I have also used my own finger in the air; both systems worked.

I will have a look at the free-ware and also give it a try thanks Ung.

we use SEC estimation. which is really good links into sage accounting , if your going to go for larger commercial job's I would def recommend it , keeps track of S.Is. AIs and extra over costs also produces monthly valuations

Bugsy, I use the SEC software too, the full system is not cheap by any means, but it sure does work. Best part about the Schedule of rates is that you can load "profit" on to items you expect to get extras on.

Regards

The best schedule of electrical rates I've found is really cheap at about £40 and it's got live update of prices. It is for 12 months, but I think you get discount after a year. It's the descriptions and labour material breakdown I like, which you can copy and paste, plus you set your own labour rate, and material and access/plant profit too. I hope that's of help anyway, link is here if you want to see for yourselves Construction Schedule of Electrical Rates - http://www.constructionrates.co.uk/Schedule_of_Rates/Construction_Schedule_of_Rates_for_Electrical_Work.html

Reply to Schedule of rates???? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net