Discuss Schneider board or other? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hellmooth

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Just about to fit a new amendment 3 board, haven't installed one yet although have worked on a few BG ones.

Yesss are having an open day on Friday and the easy 9 is down to £65 for a 10 way, same as the MK, what's people's preference?

Ive been using BG when the instal suits the main switch on the right, MK when main switch is better on the left. Only fitted one Schneider, it was ok too. Problem with the BG - the larger knockouts are not directly above or below the main switch, meaning routing tails is more of a faff. Poor design.
i stopped using MK insulated boards a couple of years ago due to the wonky breakers and flimsy plastic casing - the Amd 3 compliant board doesn't appear to suffer the mcb problem.

Ive been using BG when the instal suits the main switch on the right, MK when main switch is better on the left. Only fitted one Schneider, it was ok too. Problem with the BG - the larger knockouts are not directly above or below the main switch, meaning routing tails is more of a faff. Poor design.
i stopped using MK insulated boards a couple of years ago due to the wonky breakers and flimsy plastic casing - the Amd 3 compliant board doesn't appear to suffer the mcb problem.

Agree with you on this, the insulated MK CU is a pile of cheaply manufactured cack.

I've fitted a couple of Wylex 3A CU's. Surface cable entry was a bit restrictive, due the size and spacing of the knockouts. Seem to be plenty of room inside though. But the exterior design let it down, wasn't very modern looking, best locked away in a cupboard.!

Reply to Schneider board or other? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net