Currently reading:
Schneider Sphere Lighting

Discuss Schneider Sphere Lighting in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sandant

Does anyone have experience of this wireless lighting system. Utilises radio controls switching boxes in lighting circuit that are activated wirelessly - no wiring to wall mounted switches.

Offers multiple channel scene/dimming, a lot cheaper than luxtron

Any comments would be helpful, as would suggestions or alternatives

Many thanks

Tony

I never used this system but I did help a friend fit a system, which name escapes me from the internet wholesalers TLC biggest rival...............and all I can say was that in the end we did a conventional loop system.

When we cut out the back boxes and fitted them into position, we started to fit the ariel into the switches nothing worked so we called the tech department of the company, to be told that we had to now knockout out of the back box and make sure the ariel part was outside the metal box, so that we did took another half a day to do all the boxes.

The upstairs lights were quite successful to be honest. We placed the receiver in the loft and it started to read the switches ok. then the 2 way light for the stairs no chance. Another call to be told that did we have the small ariel on the receiver outside the unit .....yes we did ............ahhhh may need a booster ariel that they will send to us overnight .......................... finally arrived and fitted and they worked.

Downstairs was a nightmare. The receiver was sited in the basement under with the CU and main header. It would read nothing, nothing would work even with a booster ariel, finally the tech department said it may not work in a brick basement unless you could get "line of sight", at that my mate ripped them out. and we spent another 3 days doing conventional drops.

This was 3 years ago and they may be better, but until someone tells me different then fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I used the predecessor to this system, the GET Smart system. Schneider bought GET then promptly redesigned the system using almost identical faceplates and housings and called it Sphere, at the same time rendering the Smart system obsolete as it's not compatible with sphere. Smart was badly designed, 7 out of 12 of my ceiling receivers developed the same fault within 2 years, now I'm left with a costly problem as GET didn't want to know... Beware!

Reply to Schneider Sphere Lighting in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock