Discuss SDS Drill in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

MUFC1999

I've been looking at upgrading to a 24v SDS for a while now.

Spotted this drill on the screwfix website and was wondering if people have any experience with it? Is it reliable, do the battery's last etc?

Cheers.

i still have my 12 year old hitachi earlier model. best cordless sds i've ever seen.better than dewalt. if this model is anywhere near as good, it's a bargain

there you go. only prob i have had in 12 years with my old model is a cell down in the batt. cost £1 for a cell and 1 hour to fix and it will still beat a hilti 110v on drilling concrete

so. general concensus is recovery from hiroshima maketh a good drill. french recovery from waterloo gave us the berlingo. nuff said

so. general concensus is recovery from hiroshima maketh a good drill. french recovery from waterloo gave us the berlingo. nuff said

Please do not mention that certain van, changed company went from transit to one of them was hell.

I've got an hitachi impact driver can't fault it.

these are selling out on my site for £269.99 inc vat
and delivery, shameless plug i know but, it is making you a saving!!

yeah understand that, it just seems a waste of thirty pound if you buy it from there.
money is tight enough for everyone £30 is better in your pocket than theirs

I have had mine for about 2 years but its now knackered. Its been a good workhorse and I have given it some abuse, only problem is the batteries. Ni-MH not so good.

Ian

For someone buying a 24v cordless for the first time and of course not being familar with battery types, which ones is the best to go for Ni- cad or Ni-Mh ? I had my eye on a nicad one(hitachi 2.0ah) and a Mi-Nh (panasoic 2.8ah) but cant decide as they use differnt types of batteries and i dont know what would be best

Nicad have well had there day. They'll work but if you plan on using the drill daily then anyone is going to benefit from Ni Mh or Li ion

I've been looking at upgrading to a 24v SDS for a while now.

Spotted this drill on the screwfix website and was wondering if people have any experience with it? Is it reliable, do the battery's last etc?

Cheers.

I have the same drill however 8 month ago paid £349.99 including vat so worth getting. Has done me well upto now batteries tend to give a good run I use it for chiseling and chasing as well as the obvious tasks.

Definatelly recommend

Reply to SDS Drill in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock