Discuss Security Alarm Engineer Codes in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Alexbairn

Hi Retired electrical Engineer downsizing to new home. My new place has an ATD Honeywell Galaxy 2 alarm system installed and as I have read in the Forum I have joined many others who have found that they are unable to use the system because the Engineering Codes have been changed by ATD. I am fully competent in programming PLCs, Circuit Protective relays and control instrumentation but cannot hack into this system. Any help or advice which will help me in being able to programme this system would be very much appreciated.
Alexbairn

Hi Alex, welcome to the forum!
We have a separate, private section of the forum for alarm systems; it's generally considered a bad idea to give instructions of how to hack into alarm systems to all and sundry on a public forum.

Hi Adam, I fully understand the position of supplying codes to a select group and agree with your comment that it is not good to put such information in a forum available to all. If I am allowed to how can i access the Security forum group.

Hi Alex, as Adam pointed out we have a private forum for security systems and don't allow codes to be posted in the public forums for legal reasons and because of that I'm also going to close this thread.

To qualify for access to the private forum you need to be a professional security installer and all applicants are verified and vetted before being allowed in. Much as I sympathise with your plight I'm afraid you won't qualify as a home owner and I can only suggest you contact the agents for your alarm and request the info from them.

Reply to Security Alarm Engineer Codes in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net