Discuss Self employed in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm hoping to go subbing in the near future (any one from the Nottingham area who's taking on sub contractors feel free to get in touch lol). Currently looking for a van but don't want to spend a fortune.

I've seen a caddy 57 plate 110k on the clock, Cambelt done, full service history, one owner from new and plenty of receipts to show what works been done. He wants 2.5k for it. Can any one with experience with this sort of mileage comment how reliable etc they are.

I've just done my 2394 and 2395 so hoping that'll give me a few more options. What's the going hour rate/day rate people charge these days? I know depending where your located will have an affect on this.

My plan is to get a good cv in order (any one with a good template?) Fire it off to a few agencies and hopefully build a few contacts up that way. There's also a few company's local to me that may be looking to take on.

Any other advice, more than happy to take advice from people who's been there and done it

Thanks guys

Reply to Self employed in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all Quick question - I'm going self employed as an Electrician's mate as from the start of November. For this purpose, I'm looking to get rid...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Looking for some business advice. Basically a "Self employed starter kit" things that you need to get to set up on your own, such as public...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I’ve recently completed my apprenticeship, AM2 and 18th edition. The goal over the next few years is to work towards various other...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just a quick one to introduce myself, am 43 and decided to give up the office management job that I never got any satisfaction from to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock