Discuss Serious Question so no jokes please in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Any members about who are, or know someone who is interested in Egyptology? I have a sample of petrified wood from the Giza Plateau, near Cairo, Egypt. its gathering dust in my Garage, and I would like to get rid of it, I could bung it over the Garden fence, but being where it's from and the interest in all things to do with the Pyramids, I was wondering if it's worth anything.
If anyon knows of any interested parties I would be grateful to get intouch with them, most of you know my traveling escapades and will appreciate this is not a mickey take, although there are some who will jump on this and post comments like, contact Tealc, or Col O'neal from the Star gate franchise or some other inane type of comment.

It's probably not worth a whole lot unless you have proof. Nice novelty item though.

Are you allowed to be taking things like that out of the country? (I gather you didn't take it recently). Just don't want you ending up in bother when all you're trying to do is something nice.

It's probably not worth a whole lot unless you have proof. Nice novelty item though.

Are you allowed to be taking things like that out of the country? (I gather you didn't take it recently). Just don't want you ending up in bother when all you're trying to do is something nice.
I had been partaking in a particularly nice Egyptian Ale so the rights and wrongs of if I should take it didn't enter into the thought process, to late really when your suitcase is in the cargo hold of a C130 to worry about such trivialities, But to answer you're question I don't know, it's only a bit of petrified timber picked it up off the desert floor.

well if you got no other use for it, just post it to the natural history museum. they can add it to there collection. if not find a local museum with a natural history dept and just hand it in. better than throwing it away. i know the Egyptians have supposedly clamped down on things leaving the country nowadays but a few years back it was a free for all. they have a protected area where there is loads of petrified wood now from some ancient forest along the nile..

mrw-someone-asks-me-if-i-like-stargate-11412.gif

Its cursed, you will lose your hair and your wife will run off with a younger forum member taking the house and your car with her.
To late mate got it 15 years ago and she aint run off YET

keep it handy, pete. you never know when you'll need it to protect you from that electromagnetic radiation (see earth rod thread).

I'm very interested in the great pyramid of Giza and have devoted large amounts of my free time to researching it. One thing that I realised pretty quickly when I first began looking into the great pyramid was that it was most definitely not built by "slaves", that's for sure! Anyone who might still hold that belief should take the time to watch this quite amazing documentary.

Pete, it might be worth contacting Brien Foerster via his e-mail address regarding the sample of petrified wood that you would like to dispose of.

I'm very interested in the great pyramid of Giza and have devoted large amounts of my free time to researching it. One thing that I realised pretty quickly when I first began looking into the great pyramid was that it was most definitely not built by "slaves", that's for sure! Anyone who might still hold that belief should take the time to watch this quite amazing documentary.

Pete, it might be worth contacting Brien Foerster via his e-mail address regarding the sample of petrified wood that you would like to dispose of.
Thanks Mate will do

Will have a look at that, when I visited Egypt years back we went inside the Pyramid boy was that a walk crouched, took 3 days for my legs to recover.

Will have a look at that, when I visited Egypt years back we went inside the Pyramid boy was that a walk crouched, took 3 days for my legs to recover.

But I'll bet the experience was well worth the discomfort. It must have been amazing! Someday I will make that journey too.

But I'll bet the experience was well worth the discomfort. It must have been amazing! Someday I will make that journey too.

Its only open at certain times I believe but its a walk and a half along narrow low passages and rickety wooden stairs, I am 6'2" and had to walk most of the way crouched my thigh muscles felt like lead afterwards but as you say it was worth it, not much to see when you got to the main chamber as there is nothing there but its history a part of the past and I am glad the I got to see it.

Whats holding you back?

Oh and we went to the main museum in Cairo and saw Tutenkamen as well.

Reply to Serious Question so no jokes please in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net