Discuss Seriously angry. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Sorry to hear about this horrific incident. Some people are just sociopaths, not capable of empathy or basic human understanding. Nowt you can do with them if they would consider doing this in the first place.

Only just seen this Westward. That's an absolutely horrible thing to happen and I'm sorry for you.
I do hope your family are fully recovered and they have caught the people responsible. I guess if your sister in law is starting to joke about it that's a good thing.

Only just seen this Westward. That's an absolutely horrible thing to happen and I'm sorry for you.
I do hope your family are fully recovered and they have caught the people responsible. I guess if your sister in law is starting to joke about it that's a good thing.
Thanks mate, the people won't be caught I'm afraid unless someone holds their hands up. The oil tank clear up has turned into a major problem because the loss assessors say the fuel oil has caused an environmental issue. It will all get resolved in the end.

I'm not sure the world today is any worse than it was 100 years ago. There were some right 'orrible people about then, and there are some right 'orrible people about now. I think the difference nowadays is we live in a connected world so you hear of more events like this happening. 100 years ago you wouldn't have heard about any rapes or animal cruelty unless they happened on your doorstep. Now, we hear stories from the world over, which probably makes us think the world is getting worse.

Anyway, that's by the by, I hope she's okay and that the little inbred is found and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I tend to disagree with your Hightower.

If you look at crime statistics, they have gradually risen, some quite considerably, over the years. Not with standing the ease of reporting crime now, compared to say in 1898 and the way the police are monitored, to record crime correctly and not 'cook the books'.

If we look at the Historical crime data for England & Wales (published by HO July 2012), and look at the primary offence of Homicide, there were 328 like recorded offences in 1898, with 898 in 2002. If we look at criminal damage, 582 like offences in 1898, whereas 1,064,495 like offences in 2002.

In 1898, there were 82,426 recorded offences (including burning crops & destroying ships!) and 5,525,024 in 2002. Making those allowances as mentioned above, certainly there are more offences committed now, than yesteryear.

Population would obviously affect crime statistics; 32,527,843 in 1898, 58,789,194 in 2002 (different sources). There are many other reasons for the increase in crime (and decrease), and perhaps your right about the ways these offences are publicised in the ways previously they weren't; Westwards is a good (if I can use that word) example.

I do agree, that we live in a more civilised & enlightened society now, than when my grandfather was born say. But I'm not sure he would see it as a an improvement.

Just my opinion :)

View attachment 35595

Reply to Seriously angry. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock